Because of our unique approach, Dr. Chris Lipat's Mind-Body Energy Medicine practice is a referral-based office focused on your true healing needs. If you've benefited from Dr. Lipat's intuitive approach, share this e-newsletter with your friends and family and spread the love!
Optimizing Immune Health: Natural Remedies & Lifestyle Tips
Up until the Coronavirus pandemic, the predominant culture has been one of maximizing productivity for profit, or for survival for most. Our mainstream society has been set up to burn, not only through the earth's resources, but through each individual's personal reserves, at a destructive nonrenewable rate. This unsustainable cultural/systemic way of being has wreaked havoc on our reserves, predisposing us to weakened immunity and preventable lifestyle diseases rooted in poor diet and unrelenting physical, mental, and emotional stress. What the Coronavirus pandemic has brought is a radical wake up call to bring our energy back in, to replenish ourselves, to listen and rebuild our relationship to our bodies and our energetic boundaries, and to reconnect with and care for our loved ones and the earth.
At the request of my patients I share with you the following wellness tips below.
Patients may order recommended supplements direct from my supplier at FullScript (go to Categories and click on Immune Support). I also highly recommend NET Remedies Flu/Immune, Metal, and Fire homeopathic sprays. To order direct from NETMindBody, you must be my patient and I can email you the pricing code. I have limited in-office supplies available that I can mail to you.
Optimizing Immune Health Regimen
Review the list and sense/intuit which natural immune optimizing remedies resonate with you. These are placed in order of importance. See Dr. Axe's site for the benefits of these nutritional remedies.
1. Vitamin C - 500 mg for maintenance, 1000 mg up to 3 times a day if fatigued.
2. Vitamin D - 5000 IU for prevention, 10,000 IU if symptomatic, or sensible mid-day sun exposure.
3. Probiotics that contain bifidobacterium longum
4. Medicinal mushrooms like reishi, cordyceps, and/or maitake
6. Zinc 30 mg
7. Black garlic
9. Ginger as tea or in soup
10. Homeopathic cold/flu drops/sprays
12. Eleuthero/Ginseng (try Steadfast, a wonderful adrenal boost blend)
15. Food-based multivitamin or moringa/malunggay powder
Other Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Replenish your reserves - heal your adrenals, eat well, sleep well. If you have the luxury, make sure you are healthy and grounded so that you can bring your best self to better serve others.
1. Avoid sugar, unfermented soy, wheat/gluten, and dairy (especially if unfermented, non-organic and/or with added sugar).
2. Enjoy herbal teas such as tulsi, rooibos, nettle, dandelion root, moringa/malunggay, ginger and have 2 tsps of cacao powder or 1-2 squares of 90-100% dark chocolate before 7am.
3. Drink 8 cups of filtered water and make sure your filter is up to date.
4. Depending on the health of your adrenals, you may need to eliminate or decrease caffeine to a maximum of 8 oz before 7am.
5. If you are experiencing congestion, take a steamy bath or shower and/or diffuse eucalyptus or other respiratory essential oil blends.
6. Enjoy fermented veggies, pickles, sauerkrauts, kimchee.
7. If weather permits, enjoy 5-15 minutes of mid-day sun exposure up to three times a week (depending on your skin coloring and type) to capture the UVB rays that stimulate Vitamin D3 production and get fresh air.
8. Receive distance Reiki/energy work, listen to music that brings you joy, or play board games and laugh!
9. Enjoy a walk/exercise or have your caffeine before 7am, so that you are able to be in bed by 9pm to maximize circadian organ healing times.
10. Remember to wash your hands often and for up to 30 seconds.
11. Use nasal irrigation to remove bacteria and viruses lodged in the nose.
13. Take a 10 minute epsom bath (1 cup) or foot bath (½ cup) daily while symptomatic or once a week for maintenance and consider adding 2 tsps of baking soda if you’re feeling acidic/toxic. Add frankincense or 1 drop of Elevation Bituin Elixir for a boost.
14. Drink homemade veggie broth or bone broths and add ginger/olena/tumeric and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
15. Eat avocados, fish (peas for vegans), unsweetened coconut yogurt, cilantro, oregano, rosemary, basil (also as oil or tincture), sage and garlic.
16. Enjoy fibrous grains/seeds like organic oats, quinoa, chia to help with cleansing/elimination.
17. If you are sensitive to gemstone energy, consider placing Emerald by your bedside (cleanse your crystals regularly under the moonlight).
18. Folks with autoimmune issues may want to be cautious with elderberry because it stimulates the immune system. If you use colloidal silver, I would limit use to maximum 2 weeks or only use in small doses. Limit fruit to 1 serving daily or every other day due to the sugar content. For some people, citrus can kick up the histamine response.
If you come down with a fever, allow the wisdom of your body to help you rebalance. Read more about fevers here.
See more Functional Medicine tips with references on supporting proper immune function.
I am available for Telehealth sessions! I’d love to be of support in maximizing your health with specifically tailored recommendations. Click here to schedule your next appointment. Wishing you the wisdom that comes from deepening self love and compassion required during these transformational times!
E mālama pono,
Dr. Chris Lipat DC, Reiki Master, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Certified Cellular Regeneration Technique Practitioner
* This article is only intended to identify modalities that may support immune health. It is not meant to recommend treatments for any specific person, nor have any of these modalities been proven effective against Coronavirus. Always consult your physician or healthcare provider prior to using any of these modalities. For up-to-date information on COVID-19, please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov.
“Authentic healing is almost always accompanied by change and growth of consciousness,” Dr. Larry Malerba, Green Medicine
Change + enLIGHTenment = Transformation Work with Dr. Chris Lipat!
I’ve been called to serve more people, not only through one-on-one sessions and the C+E=Transformation 6 month Program, but also through creating and distributing the divinely inspired Bituin flower essence/gem elixir blends, teaching White Light and Karuna Reiki® and offering the new series Developing Your Inner Knowing Workshops. These Virtual Workshops offer a glimpse into the powerful root cause healing system that I developed over my 9 years in practice, distilled into an accessible self-healing approach based on Muscle Testing. With all these powerful Tools of Enlightened Living, you can welcome discomfort as an invitation to transform and expand, as an opportunity to do the work that not only heals you but shifts and heals the world around you.
I look forward to seeing you virtually! And mahalo nui for spreading the word about Bituin Elixirs and Dr. Chris Lipat’s unique Mind-Body Energy Medicine practice in Honolulu!
Dr. Lipat posts cutting edge studies on health regularly on Facebook along with the latest schedule of Reiki classes. Like our page so you can keep up with the latest in holistic health news!
Article highlights include:
As with all health promoting approaches, one size does not fit all. Dr. Chris Lipat provides personalized recommendations that help you rebuild your resilience more effectively and efficiently. Rather than resorting to quick fixes or stimulatory medicines to help you feel better, we set a solid foundation for healing to help you FUNCTION better in the long term.
INCREDIBLE holistic tune up and profound insight into our bodies' own ability to heal itself. Putting tools into practice; feels amazing to confront, feel and actively contribute and commit to my own unique path of health, vitality and wellbeing. - Facebook Review
Accepting HMSA/Blue Cross PPO & HMAA
Although insurance does not cover a number of the modalities I use during a session (like nutrition, energy work, lifestyle counseling and emotional clearing), some plans cover a portion of your Telehealth session. Note, I am not in-network with American Specialty Health, Medicare, EUTF or Quest. I will still be charging an additional co-pay to cover the time and modalities that are not covered by insurance, but at least you can get some reimbursement from your provider.
Mind-Body Energy Medicine is about clearing blocks and identifying habits that no longer serve you. We help you feel what it feels like to flow, to feel soft, open, unstoppable. It is your job to notice, to see when it is you contract, tighten, go back into defense. You leave with many tools and clues to support the shifts your body is asking for you to make. Dr. Chris Lipat DC, Reiki Master
Come check out what's new and experience this unique holistic treatment for yourself. Imagine how a regular regimen could support you in transforming your life for years to come!
Dr. Chris Lipat DC
White Light/Karuna Reiki® Master
Certified Cellular Regeneration Technique Practitioner
Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
Lasting results. Minimal visits.