Everyone knows the old adage that declares "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." This time-honored wisdom certainly makes sense. We wouldn't wait until we were riding on the wheel rim ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Frankly, restoring health naturally after years of dysfunction is a long road, but it also provides the hope of implementing a new lifestyle that provides lasting adaptability, vigor and vitality. Niu Health Chiropractic, an integrative chiropractic wellness practice in Honolulu, HI, offers a multi-faceted nonjudgmental approach for compassionately supporting you in this process of change.
The people that thrive at Niu Health Chiropractic are highly motivated patients who are ready to commit to making the changes necessary to transform your health for years to come. Read The Total Stress Load Concept: Why Your Body May Not Be Healing Itself and Root Cause Healing to understand Dr. Chris' philosophy and approach in preparation for your visit.
1. At your initial visit, the Foundations of Health Breakthrough Session, Dr. Chris will review your health issues with you, including all forms filled out prior to your appointment, and discuss with you how a holistic integrative chiropractic approach can help you to achieve your goals. If you decide to go to the next step, Dr. Chris will conduct various neurological, orthopedic and functional exams to establish a health baseline. Using kinesiology, we explore the possibility of electromagnetic sensitivity, food allergens, heavy metal burdens, toxin overload, and neuroemotional aspects in a comprehensive initial visit, in addition to checking the health of your spine and nervous system. We will do a Zyto Select Advanced Scan to uncover your unique biological preference for specific nutrition and therapies. This visit will take 1.5 to 2 hours.
After this assessment, Dr. Chris will treat you to your first Basic Deep System Reset - our signature holistic chiropractic session which exemplifies our unique integrative approach. Bring your current supplements if you would like them to be assessed. You will receive the Niu Patient Workbook, which includes valuable recommendations for lifestyle modifications that you can incorporate into your life right away.
Note that although the work we do is very gentle, it is powerful. To maximize your body's healing, make sure to rest after your appointment and sleep early. You may feel wonderful and stronger than ever, or you may experience detox symptoms such as wanting to sleep, a passing headache, and/or muscle soreness prior to feeling better. Plan a low key day the following day(s) as your body continues to process all the work we do together at your first visit. Hold off on doing other bodywork for 3-5 days after to allow the work we do to be fully integrated. You may also want to wait until after your appointment to do major grocery shopping.
2. The first visit sets a foundation for healing. The doctor will then recommend a program of care to help you reach your health goals. Should you opt to choose one of our Niu Health for a New You! Programs, you can get deeper into transforming your health for years to come. Follow up visits are 75-90 minutes.
These visits are encouraged to solidify the healing momentum and to continue addressing the specific needs of the body at each level of healing. The decision for moving forward lies fully in your hands.
1. Book your appointment at least 12 hours in advance using Bookfresh. Or, email us via this website with your Name, Phone # and email address, or call or text Dr. Christine at (808) 783-1046 to schedule your initial appointment. Same day appointments may be available.
2. Fill out this online Niu Patient Questionnaire (no printing required). Your initials at the end of the Questionnaire serves as your signature for the Informed Consent and Arbitration Agreement and receipt of the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
3. See this link for parking information and directions.
What to bring to your first appointment: